Friday, September 12, 2014

Purpose of this blog... More than just fitness



You don't have to look like a model or some dude out of a muscle magazine to be in shape. It's good to have goals, but this blog is for you average people who want to be fit, but don't have hours to spend in the gym, and maybe don't have ideas on how to get or stay fit. I like exercising and believe that it creates a discipline in you that effects every other area of your life. So this blog is for those who want to become more disciplined (not only physically) in every way.

For those who don't know, "get it in" is an expression often used at the gym. When you say someone is "getting it in", it usually means one of two things: a) he's going hard with his workout, really pushing himself, or b) he's "getting in" his work out for the day. So if I see you exercising, I could say to you, "I see you're getting it in, before you have to go to work, hahn." Or, if I see you working out really strong, I could say, "wow, you're really GETTING IT IN"!

Ok, so now that you've got who the blog is for and what the name means out of the way, let me just make one more thing clear... What should you NOT expect to see on this blog??? Do not expect to see pictures of women (or men) half naked, or curse words to "motivate" you to work harder, or even me boasting about how great of a body I have or taking endless "selfies" of me in the gym. From time to time I may post a picture or short video of an interesting tip that could help your workout, but not for the purpose of vanity. You will NEVER find a picture of my shirt off, or anything else of that nature. First of all, because I am a servant of God and that would defy what I stand for. And second of all, because it is plan unnecessary.

I enjoy the subject of fitness, and deeply believe that one that does not take care of themselves physically, probably does not take care of themselves spiritually. Stone me if you disagree, but that's my opinion. Discipline is discipline.

So I figured we have many blogs, mostly spiritual, but I'm just tapping into another important area of our overall health.

It's written in the bible , "Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so. 1 Tim 4:8 (MSG)". So don't forget that. It's good to take care of your physical body, but your spiritual life should always be the priority. 

With that being said.... Let's GET IT IN!!!

3 comments: