Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fitness Challenge.... Continued... (Rules of the Challenge)



So in my last post I was talking about this fitness challenge that I started with a few friends.

Well, so far it is going pretty good. As far as myself, I have dropped a few pounds and am defiantly eating healthier and more focused on what is going in then before.

As I mentioned, life will always throw you a curve ball and cause you to fall off of your healthy habits, but it is very important to catch yourself as quickly as possible. It has been about 3 months since I really felt on track. Though I was maintaining for the most part, I wasn't getting "better", healthier.

So how did this Family Fitness Challenge work. Basically, everyone decided a certain amount of money that they would put into the pot (YES MONEY). In your case it can be anything comfortable... $20, $30, $50, $100. In my case, we all put $30. So 5 people put $30 into the "pot", which is actually a trustworthy/neutral person.

Better yet, let me break it down like this...

- The 5 challengers who each wanted to drop a few pounds put into the pot (as a motivation, so that there will be a prize at the end of the challenge). The one that holds the money must be someone that is not in the competition and has no bias opinion. So they will keep the pot.

- Then the contestants each weigh in on the appointed day before midnight. And the competition starts from there.

- The challenge goes for one month, but you may weigh in each week and let the others know who is winning in order to motivate everyone to fight harder. Now to avoid cheating, each contestant should report the weight each week to the Neutral Judge/Banker at separate times, by text or email, etc. So that no one tries to say they lost an extra pound just to win. Lol.

- From there, a little trash talk and sending pictures of yourself in the gym or eating a healthy meal to the others via text, Facebook, Instagram, etc. wouldn't hurt....

- In a month, everyone should have lost more than they would have alone.

- And the best thing is, the winner will get the money.

But most importantly, everyone will get healthier!!!

So that's the basics... Give it a shot! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section and I will get back to you.




















1 comment: