Sunday, February 22, 2015

Need Motivation... Why not try this???


Friend and Family Fitness Challenge



Recently myself and a few friends and family members (who all recently packed on a few extra pounds) decided on a fun way to motivate each other drop the extra weight quickly.



And before you say anything, yes the author of this blog (myself) packed on a few extra pounds... I told you, this blog is for normal people, with normal lives that care about their health. It's not for professional athletes that can spend 4 hrs a day in the gym. That is just not the average persons life!

I recently moved across the country and have a new work schedule and it has been really hard to keep up with consistent workouts. I've probably been "getting it in" about once or twice a week. Add to that the temporary change of eating habits and you have a recipe for weight gain. I just couldn't find the things that were so easy to get just a few months ago.

But that's why I always say... it's so important not to get discouraged. I knew that the adjustment period to a new area would only last a short time and normality would come back soon enough.

So after three LONG months (really it hasn't been that long) I have finally "kind of" found my rhythm again. Or at least I'm really trying to. But I have made sure that even during the three months I NEVER STOPPED completely. I was doing just enough not to blow up like the Good Year Blimp, but not enough to really stay fit.

So long story short, yes I gained a little. So me and a few others who also fell off the ball a little decided to do something to motivate each other... In comes the 2015 Universal Fitness Challenge!

Basically, we formed a fun but competitive competition to push each other and bring the best out of each other. It started about a week ago, and so far has been pretty fun. I dropped 4 pounds in the first few days, just eating really healthy like I already know how. I will describe the challenge in more detail in my next post...

P.S. And I will make sure to keep you posted on the results of all the "contestants"...

















No comments:

Post a Comment